“A Log’s Life” – a story walk in the Crusher, May 1 – May 15
Visit our story walk, Wendy Pfeffer’s A Log’s Life, at the Crusher Lot (behind Ottoson Middle School) from May 1 – May 15. The story begins at the end of Harvard Street. Thanks to the Friends of Crusher Lot and the Robbins Library Foundation.
Spring Cleanup 2021
On April 24, 2021, twenty Friends and Neighbors spent two hours in the woods collecting every bit of trash, including an old boot, an antique water bottle, many other “historic” artifacts, and much broken glass. Thanks to everyone for removing the unnatural from the natural. We also got a lesson from Conservation Land Steward Michael Ratner on how to identify and safely remove invasive garlic mustard and bittersweet.
- All volunteers must pre-register for the clean-up. Registration shall include your name, address, cell phone or e-mail.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer indemnification agreement at check-in and those completed forms will be forwarded to the Arlington Recreation Department at the conclusion of the event.
- Masks and 6’ Social Distancing are required at all times.
- No sharing of equipment, or sanitize any shared equipment between uses.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the check-in table in the clearing.
Our Vernal Spring
Every year around this time, a spring opens up in the woods, draining down towards the Lehigh-Harvard path, and spilling over to run down into the Ottoson parking lot.